We provide design and renovation consulting services to ensure that every project meets the high standards set by our clients.
We can help:
- Design interior architecture including room layout, bathroom and kitchen design
- Coordinate with architects for additions and new construction
- Design furniture layout
- Design and coordinate fabrication of interior furnishings
- Manage orders
- Coordinate delivery and installation of interior furnishings
- Select color schemes
- Define your needs and priorities
- Assist in selecting and organizing design and construction team members
- Create a scope of work
- Lead with budget-conscious decision making
- Ensure timely delivery
- Interface with consultants and vendors
- Follow through with punch-list and project completion
- Advise on the purchase of new property
Residential Starter Kit
LB Custom Projects will meet with you to discuss your needs and advise you on your project.
From that meeting we will create a written, project-specific scope of work and an organized path for you to bring the work to completion.
Email us to schedule your first meeting.
LB Custom Projects is committed to thoughtful design and serving your needs — we work to support and empower you.
Whether we are managing your construction project, designing interior spaces or providing design and project
management consulting, it is important that the result of our teamwork reflect your choices and vision.
Since 2001 Laura Burnes has provided interior architecture and design services and renovation consultation. She has worked in partnerships with homeowners, developers, architects, landscape architects, designers, general contractors, and a variety of artisans. Focusing on teamwork and common vision, Laura leads with discerning taste, careful organization and good humor during every project.
Work for Us
LB Custom Projects, a small interior architecture and design firm in Belmont, seeks a Design Associate. The successful candidate will assist the Principal Designer in managing interior architecture and design projects from the schematic phase through installation, for both residential and institutional clients in the greater Boston area.
- Work with vendors and subcontractors to obtain quotes and track orders
- Communicate with clients to organize and track their needs
- Assemble drawings, specifications and accompanying documents for all phases of design
- Computer drafting
- Participate in project design and product research
- Oversee installation and execution of punch-list items
- Experience working in project management in the interior design or architecture fields
- Experience in spatial planning and interior design
- Demonstrated ability to interact with clients and vendors in a profesional manner
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently or in collaboration with others
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Microsoft Office required
- Experience with design software such as Illustrator or Photoshop preferred
- Experience working with interiors vendor sin the greater Boston area and a working knowledge of interior design software preferref
- This position is for 30 hours per week
- Salary will be commensurate with level of experience
- After an initial training period, the successful candidate will be able to work remotely much of the time.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls, please.